Thursday, May 27, 2010

A LOT can go wrong in 2 weeks

So today topped them all. Catastrophies that is. First of all, our water was shut off by the city. I take responsibility for this. However, let me explain the circumstances. The water bill is the only bill that I actually have to mail in. I admit, I keep terrible records, I just pay bills (online) as they come in. This one must have slipped by me. It was due 5/6. They said that a notice was sent out on 5/17-ok, that's possible, but I know if I had seen it, I would have mailed a check asap. Here we are 5/27, only 3 weeks past the due date and they cut us off. I was furious!!!! Fortunately, it was turned back on almost immediately. Unfortunately, it was just in time for the boys to clog up a toilet. . . After it was used. . .For #2. All of it spilled onto the floor. I was screaming. Not sure what to do, but I wasn't missing my workout so I threw down some towels and we hit the gym. When I got home, I found the water in the toilet was down so naturally I tried to flush the remaining sewage down. And if overflowed. Again. Now I've used every towel in the upstairs to mop up poo water. Seriously, is this really happening? I have a very kind neighbor who sent her husband over to plunger the sucker and now we're back in business. He is also the same neighbor who re-lit the pilot light last week and watched the boys while I ran the marathon. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends! And J-diddy, Blake is at your beck and call when T-bone goes back to work.

So here's a recap of the fires I've had to put out over the last few weeks:
1. Cat fell into the bathtub, water EVERYWHERE
2. Boys write all over themselves as we're ready to leave
3. Ran out of cat food. Gave Peep the kitten food, he barfs all over the house
4. Pilot light goes out-no hot water
5. The peeing in a cup fiasco
6. "Mommy be brave"
7. Got locked out of my bedroom
8. Water gets turned off
9. Toilet overflows

This is not meant as an attempt to guilt my amazing husband in any way. Rather, I hope he views it as a shout out for all the things he does. Sweetie-you're our rock and we're lost without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment